Providing urban experiences and internships for rising leaders.
We work to transform the many faces of leadership in several ways:
- Urban Dip – weekend experiences for youth or adults to give them an overview of current urban issues
- Urban Plunge – week-long experiences for high school youth to learn and serve in a Madison neighborhood
- Urban Internship – summer, semester and year-long internships with Nehemiah
- Urban Institute – twice annual gatherings, of three days each, for cohorts of African American men from around the country for coaching in urban leadership and social entrepreneurship
- Mosaic – periodic cross-cultural competency training sessions for members of the majority culture
We believe that deep transformation happens when learning includes, 1) study, 2) mentoring, and 3) hands-on experience – in the context of community.
Nehemiah’s Urban Impact creates purposeful environments for the personal and leadership development of our participants.