JA Leadership Institute
A program designed to prepare and connect emerging African American leaders
Through this cohort structure limited to 15 participants, it is envisioned that the capacity to carry out the goals and objectives of the Justified Anger “Our Madison Plan” will be built and implemented by transforming the face of leadership in our community and equipping African American leaders with the distinct tools needed to lead change in our Madison, in this current moment.
Participants work together to develop and implement community-based projects that they believe will address a community issue that they’ve collectively identified and determined to work on and is aligned with Our Madison Plan.
Our Leadership & Capacity Development programs include:
- 6-month leadership development cohort for emerging African American leaders. This program includes six full-day (9a-4p) intensives, networking opportunities, mentoring, guided readings, and a social innovation project.
Topics for 2017
- December Overview and Leadership Assessment
- January Leadership concepts, tools and strategies
- February & March Leading vs. Managing – influence, authority, team
- April Professional and personal development
- Capstone & Graduation Presentment of Capstone and Graduation
Alex Gee (Executive Director) firstname.lastname@example.org
Annette Miller (Faculty instructor) email@example.com
Please complete the following application to be considered for the JA Leadership Institute All complete applications, along with a resume and one reference letter, are due no later than Friday, November 11, 2017, at 5:00 PM. Note: You will be required to upload your resume and reference letter in order to submit your application. Please provide electronic files of these two pieces of information as a Word document or PDF.