Justified Anger is hiring a full time staff member to head up our Education Focus Area. To apply, send your resume and cover letter with three references (one personal, two work-related) to email@example.com. Click here to download the position brochure with more information.
The Education Focus Area Team Leader for Justified Anger is designed for an individual interested in catalyzing partnerships and alignment aimed at reducing racial disparities in the area of Education. The person in this position coordinates communication between community members and public and private stakeholders including education professionals, parents, guardians, and students. The purpose is to create and implement a long-term community engagement plan to cultivate grassroots leadership that results in progress towards goals and objectives set in Our Madison Plan and ultimately leads to a reduction in achievement and opportunity gaps.
The person in this position reports to the JA Director of Program Growth and Community Engagement. The focus is to oversee activities developed by the Education work group, coordinate and facilitate group meetings, guide and maintain timelines, coordinate meetings with key stakeholders as directed by the work group, act as liaison between focus area work groups, outside organizations, and Manager of Administration.
- Schedule, implement, and periodically suggest new community-based programs, partnerships, and other engagement initiatives as directed by work group
- Identify, initiate, and deepen relationships between MMSD and parents/guardians
- Implement meetings, surveys, and other ways for communicating with, and receiving feedback from, the community about educational transitions and potential barriers
- Attend relevant community meetings or other events on behalf of JA to hear community concerns, provide information about community engagement, and advocate for participation related to educational transitions
- Meets with and coordinates meetings with key stakeholders as directed by the Education work group
- Work with Manager of Administration to create mechanisms for internal and external evaluation of engagement initiatives;
- Work with Communications Team to communicate initiatives and engagement to the public
- Present regular updates to JA Leadership Team and Advisory Board, interface with other Focus Area Team Leaders as appropriate.
- Performs related duties as necessary to achieve desirable outcomes or as directed by JA Leadership.
- Administrative Duties
- Oversight of Focus Area Work Group members and volunteers.
- Maintain accurate and organized records of stakeholder information and engagement
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Nehemiah is looking for a creative, energetic individual with strong project management skills.
- This position requires a broad skill set centered around cultural awareness, human development and group dynamics.
- The successful candidate will be skilled in written and oral communication within a variety of settings, particularly cross-culturally with diverse populations; highly organized; and able to work collaboratively, take direction, and maintain productivity in a dynamic environment with minimal oversight.
- The ideal candidate will also have experience and success working in partnership with local residents and community organizations, as well as familiarity with neighborhoods in South West Madison
- College degree preferred. Relevant experience in lieu of a college degree will be considered.
- Prior experience or knowledge of Madison Metropolitan School District policies and procedures a plus, but not required
- 3 – 5 years Project Management and/or Community Organizing experience a plus.