Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Employee Classification: Full Time (40 Hours/Week), Exempt
Reports To: Dr. Karen Reece, Vice President of Research and Education
Benefits: Health and Dental
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting the Vice President of Research and Education in executing the mission of Nehemiah by providing administrative support, managing schedules and meetings, assisting with research and evaluation efforts, and by overseeing special projects as needed.
I. Schedule and Time Management (35%)
- Sets meetings with staff and partners as needed.
- Works with other admin staff to fill meeting requests.
- Takes notes as needed during meetings.
- Create priority to-do lists.
II. Email and Communication Support (25%)
- Organize and respond to emails received by the Vice President of Research and Education.
- Assist the Vice President of Research and Education and Director of Communications in preparing written materials.
- Design PowerPoint presentations.
- Copy edit documents.
III. Events and Training (25%)
- Run logistics for events
- work with the communications team to create flyers and announcements.
- promptly issue follow-up communication following events.
- Download/upload/edit recordings of virtual events.
- Project management for event teams – ability to delegate tasks, prioritize next steps, as well as understand the big picture/vision for the overall event.
IV. Special Projects (15%)
- Handles requests from the CEO/President as assigned
- Work with the Director of Mobilization to coordinate volunteers for projects.