Position Title: Director of Adult Education
Employee Classification: Full Time (40 Hours/Week), Exempt
Reports To: Dr. Karen Reece, Vice President of Research and Education
Benefits: Health and Dental
The Director of Adult Education is responsible for overseeing the creation and management of Nehemiah’s digital learning experiences.
Job Duties – Virtual Learning
- Oversee the development of virtual learning opportunities.
- Manage the set-up of Nehemiah’s learning management system.
- Coordinate the creation of online and in-person learning opportunities with both live and pre-recorded interactive content.
- Work with internal and external subject matter experts to curate content.
- 5 years experience teaching/managing adult education programs
- Experience in project management
- Knowledge of online learning management systems
- Skilled in troubleshooting technology with both internal and external stakeholders
- Clear and consistent communication
- Ability to work with a team with diverse skill sets
- Adept at cross-cultural communication
- Experience setting up learning management systems.
- 2 years experience in instructional design or supervising instructional design for both in-person and online course offerings.
- Experience with community-based education, training, and workshops for the general public.
- Contract management experience.
- Customer service experience