We ask that volunteers practice social distancing, wear masks, wash their hands frequently, and refrain from attending if they have any symptoms of illness whatsoever.
- Become a mentor or provide services for our Man Up program
- Provide skilled trades to improve our reentry housing buildings
- Provide access to employment for participants of the Man Up program
- Become a part of our Food Pantry team
- Become a part of our Donation Acquisition & Distribution Team
- Become a part of our on-call cleaning crew for our reentry housing buildings
These items can be achieved virtually or with contactless drop offs / pick ups.
- Become a court observer (observe court hearings via YouTube)
- Join the book club to continue growing as an ally
- Hold a food drive, essentials drive, bus pass drive, or gift card drive with your friends, families, and co-workers (with contactless drop offs or pick ups)
- Join our research team
- Join our media team
- Join our fund development team
- Make phone calls on Nehemiah's behalf
Watch the Nehemiah events calendar for donation drop off opportunities. Please donate new items only.
- Household items: dish liquid, wipes, cleaning products, toilet paper, and paper towels
- Laundry items: laundry soap, bleach, dryer sheets ,and rolls of quarters
- Toiletries: men's, women's, and children's/teen's deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and feminine hygiene products
- Baby items: diapers, baby powder, ointment, and wipes
- Gift Cards of all types
- Bus passes and fuel cards
These are all activities that you can host on your own, within your own network, in order to donate proceeds to Nehemiah. Please save in-person events for when it is safe to host in-person events, and get creative with ways to host events without contact.
- Use Amazon Smile and choose Nehemiah as your beneficiary
- Ask your employer to match donations made to Nehemiah
- Garage Sale
- Golf Outing
- Food Drive
- Gallery Night
- Tasting Night
- Night Out
- Loose Change Drive
- Craft Fair