Position Title: Instructional Designer
Employee Classification: Full Time (40 Hours/Week), Exempt
Reports To: Dr. Karen Reece, Vice President of Research and Education
Benefits: Health and Dental
The Instructional Designer is responsible for converting organizational knowledge into material that can be taught and learned through a digital learning management system. They will work with the Vice President of Research and Education and the Director of Adult Education to build up the educational offerings of Nehemiah.
Job Duties – Virtual Learning
- Oversee the development of virtual learning opportunities.
- Manage the set-up of Nehemiah’s learning management system.
- Coordinate the creation of online and in-person learning opportunities with both live and pre-recorded interactive content.
- Work with internal and external subject matter experts to curate content.
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content.
- Work with subject matter experts to identify the target audience’s training needs.
- Set instructional end goals and create content that matches them.
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface, and the finished product.
- Analyze and apply trends and best practices in learning technologies and instructional design.
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process.
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role-plays, games, etc).
- Devise modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of the course.
- Ensure quality online and in-person experiences.
- Experience setting up learning management systems.
- 2 years experience in teaching/managing adult education programs.
- Customer service experience.