JUSTIFIED ANGER LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE
A program designed to prepare and connect emerging African American leaders
Through this cohort structure limited to 15 participants, it is envisioned that the capacity to carry out the goals and objectives of the Justified Anger “Our Madison Plan” will be built and implemented by transforming the face of leadership in our community and equipping African American leaders with the distinct tools needed to lead change in our Madison, in this current moment.
Participants work together to develop and implement community-based projects that they believe will address a community issue that they’ve collectively identified and determined to work on and is aligned with Our Madison Plan.
Our Leadership & Capacity Development programs include:
5-month leadership development cohort for emerging African American leaders. Each session of the program will be broken down into two segments (8:30-11:30am and 1-3:30pm) that include intensives, networking opportunities, mentoring, guided readings, and a social innovation project.
- African American History w/Dr. Christy Clark-Pujara
- What type of leader are you? What type of leader do you want to be?
- Leading vs. Managing - Influence, Authority, Team
- Self-advocacy and boundaries
- Balancing community-building and rest + rest as liberation
- Adaptive leadership and leading in times of crisis
- Developing our leadership EQ
- avigating conflict and workplace dynamics
- Community leadership project and graduation!
Accepting 2022 Applications
Complete the application to be considered for the JA Leadership Institute. Rolling applications for the 2022 session are now being accepted through January 2022. The 2022 session starts February 2022 and runs through June 2022. Application along with a resume is required. Note: You will be required to upload your resume and reference letter in order to submit your application. Please provide electronic files of these two pieces of information as a Word document or PDF.