R@W’s goals include leadership, service, team work, discipline, health & wellness, and sportsmanship.
- Leadership: To foster a sense of leadership and authority within participants that will exude and reflect in all aspects of their life.
- Service: To create an atmosphere of humility, where “giving back” to our community plays an intricate part of who we are.
- Teamwork: To teach the value of working together toward common goals through team activities. Activities might include fundraising, practicing, team building activities, teaching, etc.
- Discipline: To instill an appreciation of dance as an art form and encourage participants to recognize and appreciate the originality, creativity, and variety of movement associated with dance.
- Health & Wellness: To teach physical fitness through activity. Concentration areas include but are not limited to: endurance, flexibility, rhythm, coordination and nutrition.
- Sportsmanship: To teach cooperation, to practice appropriate sportsmanship, accept and give constructive criticism, and encourage support of team members and other teams. To teach emotional fitness through teamwork. Concentration areas include but are not limited to: dependability, responsibility, commitment, sportsmanship, discipline, and awareness of the capabilities of others.
This program will measure its goals by the participants’ ability to conquer new challenges with poise and ease. As leadership skills develop, participants should gain comfort in regimen and increase their level of accountability. Participants will experience tests in the areas of coordination, rhythm, responsibility and discipline. Areas of measurement include: leadership abilities, problem solving, creativity, endurance and sportsmanship. Practices are on Thursdays from 4pm to 6pm.
R@W includes four workshops:
- Expectations & Rules
- Leadership, Responsibility & Goals
- Health & Wellness
- “I’m a LEADER!”
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org